Our vision as The Conklin Presbyterian Church and the Board Avenue-North Chapel is that we will be a Christ-centered, Bible-based, mission-minded Church, providing meaningful Spirit-filled worship.
As God has commanded us to love one another, we will respond as faithful stewards by nurturing an active learning environment, encouraging fellowship as the body of Christ, and offering outreach opportunities to meet the diverse needs of Godís people.
With compassion and joy, we are committed to welcoming all who seek the Lord.
Our Mission - The Four D's
The Conklin Presbyterian Church exists to:
1. Declare the name of Jesus Christ to those who do not know him;
2. Deepen the faith and commitment of those who do know him;
3. Develop community where Christ's love is made real;
4. Demonstrate Christ's love in our service to the world.
Our aim is to demonstrate and proclaim the grace and truth of the Gospel to all people, giving them the opportunity to encounter God's love and to live a life in Christ.
What We Believe
God alone is God and has revealed himself through the Incarnation and the Bible. Human knowledge and experience uninformed by Jesus Christ and his Word are not reliable sources of Truth. Our culture promotes idolatry, in the form of materialism, naturalism, nationalism and "self-ism", which reveal a spiritual hunger. We try to clarify the truth with a trustworthy gospel witness through biblical preaching, teaching, small groups and equipping of all ages.
Sin is at the root of all human problems, dilemmas and confusion. Healing, justice, righteousness and peace are not possible without a fundamental transformation of each human heart by God's forgiveness available in Jesus Christ by the power of his Holy Spirit. We provide, sponsor and collaborate on ministries that attend social action with evangelism, giving verbal witness alongside ministries of mercy and fellowship.
The world is lost without a clear witness of God's grace and truth, which He has called us to provide within our immediate local mission area and to the world. This requires innovation and translation of the unchanging gospel into language today's people understand.
The Sacrament of the Lord's Supper is open to all baptized believers and sincere seekers, regardless of your denominational background or church membership. By coming to the Table you indicate your sincere desire for Christ's forgiveness for your sin and your need for his grace and presence in your life.
Guidance for parents of children: We offer communion education for our youth in 3rd grade. Children are welcome to take Communion with their parents if, in their parents'
1. have been baptized (or dedicated) into the body of Christ; *
2. recognize Christ's presence in what is happening;
3. receive the elements in a symbolic way, rather than as a "snack"; and
4. have expressed their desire to know Christ personally by faith.
* We are not rigid on this point. If, however, your child is not baptized and has expressed faith in Christ and a desire to take Communion, now would be a good time to talk with us about baptism for your child. For further guidance contact the Pastor.
Presbyterians: Who We Are
OUR VISION FOR MISSION TO THE WORLD
- We intend to be a faithful church, persevering
in our obedience to Jesus Christ's great commission to make disciples of all
"people groups" within all nations (Matthew 28:19).
- We intend to be a persuasive church,
proclaiming Jesus as our only Savior and Lord and inviting people to accept
God's gift of eternal salvation found only in Him (Romans 1:16, Acts 4:12).
- We intend to be a compassionate church,
extending the unique, loving care of Jesus Christ to those in physical and
emotional need in and beyond our own culture (Matthew 25:34-40).
- We intend to be a loving church, drawing all
believers into the warmth of fellowship and community, with Christ at the
center of our life together (Hebrews 10:24-25, I John 1:3).
- We intend to be a praying church, informed and
growing in our knowledge and understanding of world need and the work of
Christ to meet it (Ephesians 6:18-19).
- We intend to be an equipping church, preparing
Christians for effective ministry in the world and sending them into the world
for personal, active Christian service (Ephesians 4:11-12).
- We intend to be an investing church,
supporting strategic people and projects that maximize our mission impact in
the world (Matthew 25:14-21, 2 Timothy 2:2).
- We intend to be a generous church, responding
to real needs in financially significant ways that can make a difference in
mission outcome (2 Corinthians 9:5-6. 1 Timothy 6:18-19).
- We intend to be a cooperative church, working
in partnership with SV Presbytery, the PC(USA) and other
mission-sending agencies to minister in Christ's name (1 Corinthians 12:4-6).
- We intend to be an honest church,
demonstrating integrity in the resources we deploy and upholding high
standards of financial and ethical accountability (Titus 2:7, 1 Peter 5:2).